Immigrants (Myth vs Reality)
Presented by Latinos Unidos and st. Vincent de Paul Society.
Spend an evening with our immigrant community in fond du lac and learn of the financial and cultural contributions of the Hispanic population to Fond du lac Community. Also learn the obstacles facing our immigrant neighbors and ways to help.
Immigrants (Myth vs Reality) Details
Monday, September 30, 2019 from 6 pm to 7:30 pm
Fond du Lac Public Library
32 Sheboygan St, Fond du Lac, WI 54935
More About St. Vincent de Paul
- The Society of St. Vincent de Paul is one of the oldest and most effective charitable organizations in the world. It was founded in Paris, France in 1833. The United States Society of St. Vincent de Paul was founded in 1845, in St. Louis, Mo.
- Began in 2008 to celebrate the 175th anniversary of the Society of St. Vincent de Paul (SVdP)
- Monies raised are applied to a wide range of assistance to the needy and those living in poverty, including: housing assistance, disaster relief, job training and placement, food pantries and dining halls, clothing, transportation and utility costs, care for the elderly and medicine.
- All proceeds directly benefit people in the communities where the money is raised.
- Each community’s walk is organized and run by its own SVdP Conference or Council.
- The FOP Walks last year were held at over 250 locations around the country, attracted more than 25,000 participants, and raised more than $3.1 million.
- Walkers are encouraged to make a personal monetary donation and collect pledges from supporters.
- Promote the Walk by putting the Walk Poster on your parish bulletin board.
If you are looking to be a part of the St. Vincent de Paul experience in Fond du Lac, we welcome you to visit our thrift store located at:
330 N. Peters Avenue
Fond du Lac, WI 54935
Our thrift store has many unique items for sale and me take donations as well.
If you want to help with your time, we always have Volunteer Opportunities available. Currently, we are hiring Sales and Warehouse Associates.