Building resources for a better future.
- Sixteen-session program
- Small group sharing and discussions
- Trained facilitators
- All materials provided
- Participation stipend
Within the program, participants:
- Investigate causes of poverty and economic class differences
- Identify obstacles to financial stability
- Increase ability for transitioning to self-sufficiency
- Explore community resources
- Develop goals and create a “future story”
“Getting Ahead taught me to not be ashamed of where I am, and to be proud of who I am today. Today, I got ahead of yesterday. Thank you Getting Ahead Program, for everything”
Fond du Lac Participant
Getting Ahead needs volunteers!
Have compassion and want to help those who are struggling?
Get Involved in Getting Ahead
Getting Ahead is always in need of volunteers to maintain and advance its success in helping persons in poverty.
- Be a facilitator or mentor
- Support with hospitality, meals, and childcare
- Provide financial support for program expenses
Content of the Getting Ahead workbook
- Module 1: My Life know- Investigate poverty; what is it like for us and our community
- Module 2: Theory of Change - Be free from solving same problems again and again
- Module 3: The Rich/Poor Gap and Research on Causes of Poverty-Understand poverty
from different perspectives
- Module 4: Hidden rules of Economic Class - Learn, understand, and be able to use the
Hidden Rules of the wealthy, middle class and the poor
- Module 5: The Importance of Language - Investigate formal register and negotiation as
powerful tools in language
- Module 6: Eleven Resources - Investigate resources other than finances
- Module 7: Self-Assessment of Resources - Conduct self-assessment of your own resources
- Module 8: Community Assessment - Investigate community resources
- Module 9: Building Resources - Build resources to establish economic stability
- Module 10: Personal and Community Plans - Develop a detailed plan for my future story
Copyrighted materials of AHA! Process Inc.