When: May 10, 6:30 PM
Where: SVDP Building 330 N. Peters Avenue, Fond du Lac, WI 54935
By June we expect to hold 6-8 ongoing programs; each needs facilitators. Can you help? Join the team.
- Have concern for people struggling economically?
- Want to help those in need?
- Have a desire to help people become self-sufficient?
- Have compassion for others?
- Want to engage with others learning how to get ahead in a just-getting by world?
Please, consider joining the Getting Ahead team of Facilitators
About the The Getting Ahead Program
Within the 10-module program participants develop their plan to ‘get ahead’ and secure a stable financial story for themselves and their families. Participants study conditions that lead to poverty. They make a plan they want for their future. They connect with people and services that help put their plan in action.
In a supportive group participants explore economic factors, personal strengths and community resources. The group talks about poverty, the stigma surrounding poverty and ways to get out. Trained facilitators and guests guide participants through the modules with study, exercises, and discussions.
For more about the Getting Ahead Program, click here to view on the SVDP website.
Getting Ahead Facilitator
- Be familiar with the program philosophy, contents and materials: Training provided
- Prepare for the Getting Ahead sessions – a ‘kitchen-table style’ learning experience you will be facilitating
- Guide participant discussions and learnings
- Work with the facilitator team to help participants attain a better future
- Listen and support participants
Getting Ahead Mentor
- Use your experience and compassion to make a difference in a person’s life
- Be familiar with the Getting Ahead philosophy and content
- Reinforce participant learnings (individual and small group)
- Help participant develop and meet their future goals
- Listen and support, guide and mentor
Getting Ahead Programs begin in June at the St. Katherine Drexel Shelter – visit website.